Large Weighted Blanket
OUR WEIGHTED BLANKET IS RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WHO:
- Have Sensory Issues, ADD, ADHD and/or on the Autism Spectrum.
- Are children, or are adults who enjoy weight on only a small part of their body.
- Have trouble falling asleep.
- Have difficulty staying asleep.
- Are restless sleepers.
- Fall asleep easily and stay asleep but are tired in the morning and throughout the day (aren’t getting quality sleep).
- Are overwhelmed by sensations in their environment.
- Find weight allows them to relax or centre their thoughts.
- Have poor body awareness.
- Who find transportation stressful (car or plane rides, for example).
- Need extra help sleeping when travelling.
- Find weight aids in self-regulation and are seated or in a wheelchair.
- This blanket can be used at night or during the daytime. Because of their smaller size, they are more easily transportable.
- Our weighted blanket consists of 36 pockets, 24 of which are filled with recycled plastic pellets that have been soaked in Lavender essential oil.
- Even distribution of weight provides better proprioceptive feedback throughout the body.
- Blanket can be rolled or folded into lap pad size and use as a lap pad.
- Should be under the direction of a trained professional such as an occupational therapist.
- Appropriate weight must be considered.
- Head and neck must be free at all times.
- Person must possess sufficient cognitive and physical capabilities to be able to remove blanket at any time.
- People with neurological deficits are at greater risk for temperature regulation impairments and should be monitored carefully.
- If it’s too hot (especially in summer) try an air conditioner, putting cold water in a hot water bottle, or placing the blanket on only part of the body.
- Adult supervision is suggested.
- Suitable for all ages
- Made to order according to your requirments
- Exterior of the above: 100% polyester OR 50% polyester / 50% cotton.
- Interior: wool twill with mixed fibers.
- Proudly made in South Africa
Size & Weight
- Size:1.5m x 1.2m
- Regular weight – approx 5kg
- To wash: Machine wash, preferably in a high capacity, front loading machine or agitatorless top loading, using a regular amount of pre-mixed detergent. If soap-sensitive, rinse twice. Use warm or cold water to maintain colour brightness.
- Do not use bleach or excessively hot water.
- To dry: Do not Tumble dry in dryer. Hang up to dry
- Do not iron, press, or dry clean.